Friday 20 November 2009

The engagement


I guess i better start from the beginning eh???

Right, well, a few weeks ago, my other half and I went on a short break to the Isle of Wight...

We decided to visit Osbourne House one day, and set off. Other half was acting a bit strange, but I never though much of it....

We looked around some of the house, then decided to go and look at the gardens. There are lovely fountains there, and we went down to the biggest one ... (see above)

There was a family there, so we obliging took a photo of them all on their camera, then they did the same. Other half seemed a bit twitchy, and edgy.....

Anyway, the family drifted away, and I was looking at something to the right.. when i turned to the left to ask other half something, there he was, on bended knee, flashing a jewellery box.....

'I was hoping........... would you....... will you......... I would like...' he stammered,
I then burst into tears and said a soggy 'yes' to which he then started to cry and shakily put the ring on my finger!!!!

After about 5 mins when we had composed ourselves, he admitted he had been petrified and had rehearsed how he wanted to propose, but got overwhelmed by nerves and forgot what he wanted to say!!!

The ring was chosen by himself, with only 2 conditions - i dont like yellow gold, and i didnt want anything large (we had a discussion months before about the possiblity of getting married) and he chose a lovely ring - white gold, with a rope like twist and a diamond set into the twist! Its lovely,and i have had many compliments on it!!

We phoned both sets of parents.. ish (more on that in a future blog..) who were overjoyed!! Let the wedding plans begin...

Oh, andapparently he had asked my dad's permission back in July!! How he kept it secret for so long, i have no idea!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment